Jazz up the plain old boiled vegetables by turning them into a tasty vegetable bake, smothered in creamy pumpkin sauce. This meal will be a family favourite and a great way to get those veggies into your kids!
My inspiration for this recipe comes from Deliciously Ella and a recipe I once made of hers for a creamy pumpkin pasta.
NOTES & SUBSTITUTIONS:
- Use your choice of vegetables, what ever you have in the fridge or what is in season.
- Add cheese if you want or stick to nutritional yeast to keep it dairy-free.
- Add bread crumbs in replace of the ground nuts.
- Serve with your favourite protein source for a balanced meal. Add chickpeas or lentils to the bake to turn it into a vegetarian meal.
Creamy Vegetable Bake
- 300g pumpkin, chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp tamari sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 x carrots
- 1 x broccoli
- 2 x courgettes
- 200g green beans
- 1/2 cup ground nuts and seeds - I used a mix of almonds, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
- Boil the pumpkin until soft.
- In a blender place all of the sauce ingredients together with the pumpkin and blend until smooth.
- Boil the vegetables and tip into an oven proof dish. Cover with the pumpkin and cashew sauce then top with the ground nuts and seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees.
Join Our Community
Join 9k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.