Everyone loves a good creamy pasta meal don't they!? After the Zucchini Carbonara was a hit, I had to experiment with another tasty 'pasta' meal. This recipe is slightly easier in that there is no blending required, you pretty much just throw everything into the pan! 😊
- I always use organic coconut milk. The main reason is because non-organic brands always have added chemicals to the milk, in the form of thickeners and stabilizers. Organic is always thicker and creamier plus it tastes so much better!
- if you wanted to keep it paleo skip the pasta, add extra veggies and chicken.
- Here is what I use to make my zucchini noodles. I bought it from Pak'nSave for about $20.
Creamy Garlic & Mushroom Pasta
- 1 small brown onion or half of a large, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 450g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium sized zucchini, spiralized
- 2 medium sized carrots, spiralized
- 100g (approx) uncooked black bean pasta - I used half a packet of this brand, but you can use any sort of pasta that you like.
- 1 cup of organic coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Cook the black bean pasta according to packet directions. Be careful not to overcook them as they may break up when added to the pan.
- In a large pan or wok, heat the coconut oil and on medium heat and cook the onion until soft. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Add the zucchini and carrot noodles. Cook for a further couple of minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the black bean pasta, coconut milk and salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.