If you tried the Miso Salmon recipe I posted a while back, then you should definitely try this Almond Crusted Salmon meal.
I don't eat a lot of meat as you may have already noticed by the lack of meat recipes I make. I'll have chicken 1-2 times a week and the rest of my meals tend to be vegetarian - I eat a lot of eggs. But I do LOVE salmon and seafood! If I eat out I'll always go for a salmon or prawn meal 😋
Not only is salmon extremely delicious, it is also....
- High in omega-3 fats which are great for reducing inflammation and improving the health of your heart, brain, skin and joints.
- High in protein and together with the healthy fats your blood sugar levels will be more stable and you will feel fuller for longer (less after dinner snack cravings).
- High in selenium which is a mineral that plays an important role in stabilizing our blood sugar levels.
- Plus loads more benefits!
Almond Crusted Salmon
- 2 x salmon fillets 150g-200g each
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 medium baby bok choy
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the almonds, dill, lemon zest, salt and coconut oil.
- Press the mixture on top of the salmon fillets. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, stir fry the broccoli and bok choy (or any other vegetable you prefer) in a little coconut oil, season with salt and pepper.