Get your pasta fix with these pesto zucchini noodles! They actually taste just as good (if not better!) than the real thing 😋
In the video I served the zucchini noodles raw however, I realised after eating them that I much prefer them cooked. So make sure you heat the noodles and sauce up in a pan before serving. If you wnated to serve this cold I recommend that you blanch to zucchini noodles first before mixing the pesto through it.
I bought this super handy spriralizer gadget by the brand Veggetti from Pakn'Save the other day. To be honest, I didn't think it would work that well (only cost $20) but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it spiralized! I highly recommend 😊
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
- 2 cups basil
- 1 cup coriander
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 4 large zucchini
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts (optional to serve)
- Blend together the basil, coriander, lemon juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, water, nutritional yeast, salt and garlic.
- Add the cashews and blend again. Season to taste.
- Spiralize the zucchini. If you don't have a spiralizer then use a peeler to create long strips.
- In a large pan, heat together the zucchini noodles and pesto. This meal is best served hot. How much sauce you add is up to you. Any left over pesto is deliciuous on crackers or with raw carrot.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts as an option.