When I lived in Dubai Froyo (frozen yoghurt) outlets were everywhere! While they may seem like the healthier option, I would hate to know the actual ingredients in that delicious frozen yoghurt mixture.
I have been making this recipe all through summer for dessert as it is easy to make and super refreshing and tasty on a hot evening. You can substitute the strawberries for any sort of fruit and I also sometimes add freeze dried fruit powder which adds an extra flavour kick (I highly recommend you add this if you have any!).
Homemade Strawberry Froyo
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (or any other frozen fruit)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts (soaked in water overnight or in boiling water for at least 3 hours)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Depending on the power of your blender you may need to let your frozen strawberries defrost on the bench for a few mintutes to make it eaasier to blend.
- Serve and eat straight away as it melts fast (as you saw in my video!).