I think we can all agree that biting into a magnum ice cream has got to be one of the best experiences ever! My favourite flavour is definitely the almond chocolate one (maybe tie with peppermint) which inspired me to create this recipe.
The trick to these ice creams is definitely the crunchy chocolate coating. The combination of coconut oil and peanut butter creates a creamy, thick chocolate coating that melts in your mouth!
Like with all my raw treats I prefer to use unscented or deoderised coconut oil as I find the taste of normal coconut oil to be a little overpowering. I always buy Blue Coconut as it tastes great and I can easily buy it just down the road at Pak' n Save 😁
Thanks Blue Coconut for partnering with us on this post and video. We only partner with brands that we LOVE and are excited to share with our amazing community.
P.s. I bought my ice cream molds and wooden sticks from a $2 shop :)
Homemade Magnum Ice Creams
Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of milk (I used coconut milk)
- ¼ cup of Blue Coconut coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup of peanut butter (or other nut butter such as almond butter)
- 2 tablespoon of cacao powder (or use 100% cocoa powder)
- ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds, roasted
- First make your ice cream by blending the bananas, peanut butter, vanilla and milk.
- Pour this into ice block molds and place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To make the chocolate layer mix the melted coconut oil, peanut butter, cacao powder, vanilla, salt, honey and almonds together in a bowl until combined.
- Dip each ice cream in the chocolate mixture giving it a generous coat.
- Serve them as soon as the chocolate has set. Otherwise freeze them until required and let defrost for 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Makes 4 medium sized ice creams
If you make these ice creams then please tag me on Instagram as I LOVE seeing your creations 😊💛
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.