Cookie dough! Who doesn't love cookie dough? Isn't the best part of making choc chip cookies eating the raw dough? (hehe)
These cookie dough raw balls are gluten-free, refined sugar free and SUPER delicious! If you skip the chocolate they also become dairy-free and paleo. To make them even healthy you could swap the chocolate for sultanas too.
While I definitely wouldn't recommend you eat the whole lot in one go (easier said than done right!?) nor should you eat these everyday they are the perfect treat to make on the odd occasion to satisfy those sweet cravings. I often make a healthy treat recipe on Friday to enjoy over the weekend. But come Monday it's back to normal snacks, such as boiled eggs, nuts and all that good stuff 😉
TIP: If you can soak the dates in hot water first which will soften them and make them easier to blend into a smooth paste. Make sure you drain them well!
Cookie Dough Raw Balls
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or natural peanut butter, cashew butter etc)
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of dates (firmly packed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g dark chocolate
- Place the almonds, cashews, sea salt and cinnamon in a blender or food processor and blend into a fine crumb.
- Add the almond butter, coconut oil, dates, vanilla and blend again until a dough forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks and roll into balls.
- Leave the balls to set in the freezer for an hour before eating.
- Store in the fridge or freezer (I like them in the freezer because of the chewiness yummm!)
Makes 10 balls