Chocolate chip cookies from the Cadbury cookbook used to be one of my fave recipes to bake when I was younger. I was completely put off them when one baking session with my friend, we used a bottle of vegetable oil from the cupboard only to find out afterwards that my dad had used that oil for deep-frying fish and had poured it back into the bottle for next time he does a fry up!! 🤢 Ahhhh they were disgusting and put me off making them ever since! HAHA
Here is a healthier version of a traditional chocolate chip cookie that are chewy, crisp on the edges....and free from fishy oils!
You could totally swap the chocolate chips to for sultanas or dried blueberries yumm! I actually think I prefer these cookies with sultanas, the chewiness is delicious! Also if you are making them for a crowd then double the recipe for a big batch of cookie goodness 😋.
This recipe is the healthy treat from week 8 of the 12 Week Mind & Body Transformation. This is a guide to help you heal your body from the inside out and make long term changes to your nutrition habits that you can actually maintain forever! If you haven't already, make sure you download the free week 1, by clicking here, so can see what it is all about 😊.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- ¼ cup chopped chocolate or choc chips
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius and line a baking tray with paper.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the ground almonds, salt and baking soda. Add the coconut oil, honey, vanilla and almond milk and mix well.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Scoop out 1 Tbsp sized dough onto baking tray and flatten. Bake for 8-12 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack - this will allow them to crisp up.
Makes 6-8 cookies