You know I am all about those weekly healthy treats...and here is another delicious recipe for you to try. These apricot and cashew raw balls are from week 1 of the Mind & Body Transformation. If you are interested in the transformation, I have put together week 1 to offer out for free, click here to download the free guide.
These apricot and cashew balls are by far the best energy/raw balls I have ever tasted! Better than the chocolate and carrot cake raw ball recipes that I posted a few months back! I think what makes them taste so amazing is that I roasted the nuts before blending them, makes SUCH a big difference to the taste....oh does this mean I can't call them 'raw balls'?? (hehe).
You can totally use raw nuts if you want to keep it raw. If you do not have a processor to blend the nuts then just use 2 cups of ground almonds in replace of.
Apricot and Cashew Raw Balls
- 1 cup of roasted almonds
- 1 cup of roasted cashews
- 1 cup of organic apricots
- ½ cup of dates
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of sea or Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut.
- If your almonds and cashews are raw roast them in the oven at 170 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden. Watch them carefully that they do not burn.
- Place the dates and apricots into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soften for 5 minutes then drain all the water out. This makes them easier to blend.
- Place the roasted cashew and almonds in a blender or food processor and blend into fine crumbs. Pour this mixture into a large bowl.
- Place the dates, apricots and coconut oil into the blender or food processor along with the vanilla extract and blend into a paste. Add this to the bowl along with the salt and mix well.
- Pour the desiccated coconut into a medium sized bowl. Take a tablespoon of mixture roll it into a ball and coat it in the desiccated coconut.
- Leave the balls in the freezer to set for an hour.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Makes approx 15 balls