One of the easiest ways to make a tasty healthy chocolate dessert is a chia seed pudding. When you leave chia seeds to soak in liquid they turn into creamy, dreamy pudding and the texture is incredible.
This pudding is particularly great when you have a sweet tooth, and the best part is that it is healthy enough to even have for breakfast! That is if you like chocolate for breakfast....who doesn't like chocolate for breakfast!? ;)
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 & 1/2 cups of non-dairy milk (I used half coconut milk and half almond milk)
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 small dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- Blend together the milk, banana, dates, cacao powder and salt in either a food processor or a blender.
- Add the chia seeds and pulse to combine.
- Pour into bowl, cover with glad wrap and leave in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours.