Superfood chocolate raw balls are a great snack to have on hand in the fridge for those times where you feel like a sweet pick-me-up. I have been making these every weekend to prep my partner and I for the week to take to work and have after our training. They are great as you can really use what ever ingredients that you have. I have also made a nut-free version using only dates, fresh coconut, cacao powder, chia seeds and a plant based protein powder.
Healthy Chocolate Raw Balls
- ½ cup of almonds
- 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ a mug of fresh dates (pitted)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Plant based protein powder (optional)
- Place your dates in a mug and pour over boiling water, cover with a plate to trap the heat and leave to soften.
- Place the almonds and seeds in a food processor or blender. Blend until fine crumbs.
- Add the cacao powder and salt. Blend again.
- Tip the nut and cacao mix into a large bowl.
- Drain out the water from your dates and add the coconut oil to let it soften and melt.
- Add the coconut oil and dates to your blender or food processor and blend into a paste.
- Tip the dates and oil into your cacao nut mixture and mix well.
- Take 1 tbsp of mixture, shape it into a ball and roll in desiccated coconut. Store in the fridge.