Spicy Beef Salad with Roast Carrot Chips
- 1 carrot
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- Sprinkle of Himalyan salt
- Sprinkle a dried mixed herbs
- 2 handfuls of lettuce
- 1 sliced tomato
- ¼ of a red capsicum
- ¼ of a cup of cucumber
- 100g grass fed beef steak, thinly sliced
- Curry powder ¼ a teaspoon
- Chili paste ¼ a teaspoon or a pinch of chili powder
- Tamari sauce 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce ½ tsp
- Honey ¼ tsp
- ½ a small red onion
- ½ tsp of tapioca flour
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Add the sliced beef, mix well and leave to marinate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees. Thinly slice the carrot and place on a baking paper-lined tray. Add the coconut oil, salt and mixed herbs. Place in the oven and roast until crisp, about 15-20 minutes. I recommend you turn the carrot chips every 5-10 minutes so they cook evenly.
- Assemble the salad by chopping all salad ingredients into bite sized pieces and placing in a serving bowl.
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in the pan and cook beef slices until brown, this will only take a few minutes.
- Serve the beef on top of the salad, with the carrot chips.