Guys I think this recipe, is my fave recipe from the blog. I can't even begin to describe them...the taste...the texture, they are amazing!
If you have never tried a vegan cheesecake made with cashew nuts then now is the time. Once the cashew nuts have been soaked overnight, they blend into a creamy smooth mixture. Mixed with lemon juice and honey you end up with a mixture that tastes pretty similar to a traditional cheesecake that we all love.
You can use any sort of fruit powder in replace of the raspberry powder or you could even skip it enjoy it as a vanilla cheesecake :D
Raspberry Vegan Cheesecake
- ¾ cup dates
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup ground almonds
Cashew Cheesecake Filling
- 1 ½ cup cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Fresh-As raspberry powder
- 2 Tbsp Fresh-As freeze dried raspberries
- Soften dates in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Place dates in a blender and blend into a paste. Add into a bowl with ground almonds, coconut, salt, and coconut oil. Mix until well combined.
- Line a muffin tin with baking paper or use silicon cases.
- Place the date mixture into each of the cases and press down (this could be a little sticky!)
- To make the cashew cream, place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the muffin cases and sprinkle crushed freeze-dried raspberries.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour to set or in the fridge for 3 hours before serving.