Now that zucchini/courgettes are coming into season here in NZ I am seriously loving these fritters! The trick is to drain out as much water as possible, you will be surprised at how much water actually comes out of them.
If you don't have coconut flour, you could try using another sort of flour but you may need to add extra as coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid without needing to use much.
- 2 medium zucchini (courgettes)
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 heaped tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 & 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Grate the carrot and zucchini and sprinkle over the salt, leave for 10 minutes. Using a muslin cloth squeeze out as much water as possible then place in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, oregano, paprika, baking soda, lemon zest, garlic powder and coconut flour and mix well.
- In a large flat pan, heat the coconut oil to medium heat. Add a heaped tablespoon of fritter mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. You should make 6 small fritters or 3 large ones.
- Serve with avocado and a side salad.