If you have never tried cauliflower rice then now is definitely the time! It absorbs the flavours so well and is such a great alternative to white rice, plus a sneaky way to add in extra veggies to your meal. Together with the white quinoa this cauliflower fried rice actually tasted like the real thing :)
For extra tasty goodness add prawns or any other protein that you wish.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 red capsicum or 1 carrot, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 a broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cups of grated cauliflower (approx 1/2 a whole cauliflower)
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of cooked white quinoa
- 2 Tbsp tamari sauce (or coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Dash of fish sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp seame seeds, toasted
- Grate the cauliflower or use a food processor to to make cauliflower rice, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok on medium heat. Cook the onion until soft then stir the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum (or carrot) and broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes and the cauliflower rice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the peas, quinoa, tamari sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce and stir to heat through.
- Whisk the eggs together and pour them into the bottom of the pan to cook. Alternatively cook the eggs in a separate pan and then add to the stir fry.
- Serve with coriander and toasted sesame seeds.
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.