These Apricot & Almond Bars are the perfect post-workout snack or a tasty afternoon treat when the sweet cravings hit as well as a great after school snack for kids. The are so easy to make and require minimal ingredients that you most likely already have in your cupboard.
NOTES & SUBSTITUTIONS:
- My container measured 15cm x 15cm.
- You can swap the almond butter for any other nut butter. I prefer almond butter over peanut butter for this recipe as I find the peanut butter overpowers the flavour a lot....which is great if you love peanut butter!
- The recipe requires 1 cup of nuts/seeds total, you can use any sort of nut/seed that you like e.g. cashew nuts, walnuts, macadamia or keep the recipe nut-free by using seeds only and tahini in replace of the almond butter.
Apricot & Almond Snack Bars
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Soak the apricots in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften them. Drain.
- In a blender or food processor blend together all of the ingredients. Press the mixture into a lined container and freeze for 30 - 60 mins before slicing.
- Store in the freezer or fridge.
Makes 8 large bars or 16 bite sized pieces
Join Our Community
Join 11k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.