Guys this slice is NEXT LEVEL! If you love caramel, sweet, salty, chewy, nutty, tasty slices then you def have to try this one...it is aHmazing!
It is also very easy and simple to make too. I have been starting to use less dried fruit in my recipes as too much dried fruit does not agree with my gut (low fodmap diet). Making slice bases without having to blend up dates is just so much easier and quicker! 😊
Store this slice in the fridge and eat it at fridge temperature - although I think serving it warm would also be delicious. It freezes well too 😁
Caramel Pecan and Walnut Slice
- 1 & 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts. chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 200ml coconut milk or coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 generous pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the base ingredients except for the nuts. Press into a lined baking tin (my tin was 22.5 x 22.5cm). Sprinkle the nuts over the top.
- Bake the slice and nuts for 15 mins.
- Add all of the caramel ingredients to a pot. Bring it to a medium to high boil, for 15 mins
- Pour the caramel over the cooked base and nuts, then bake the slice again for a further 15 mins.
- Cool to room temperature or fridge temperature before slicing.
Makes approx 16 pieces
Join 10k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.