This healthy hot chocolate is good...like ridiculously good! It's creamy, rich, decadent - just like a real hot chocolate should be 😋🤤
It very easy to make (literally mix and heat) and I feel like it's one of those desserts that you can whip up last minute for the family before you all cosy up on the couch for a movie or night of good TV 😍
- For the recipe, 2 cups of milk is required. You can use any sort of milk that you like. If you love a good creamy hot chocolate then I highly recommend you add 1 cup of coconut milk. If you prefer it not so creamy, then you could use a mix of almond milk and water.
- The almond/cashew nut butter made the hot chocolate extra creamy, but if you don't have any it is totally fine to skip. I would recommend you use a smooth nut butter otherwise your drink will have little bits in it 😁
- While I was drinking this (after I had filmed it) I was thinking a little cinnamon would make it perrrfecto! Or what about a couple of drops of pepper mint essential oil?? Yumm!
Healthy Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup of organic coconut milk
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used homemade cashew milk but any would work e.g. almond milk)
- 2 Tbsp of smooth nut butter (I used an almond and cashew nut butter blend, but any would work)
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder or 100% cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener e.g honey)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place all the ingredients in a pot on low to medium heat.
- Heat gentle and whisk to combine.
Serves 2 (or 4 small portions)
Join Our Community
Join 9k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.