I love how easy it is to turn boring frozen peas into tasty fritters that the whole family will enjoy - even kids! This recipe is also a great idea when you have no fresh veggies in the fridge and not to sure what to make for dinner....as long as you have a bag of frozen peas in your freezer then you are sorted! 😊
These fritters are delicious topped with the tahini yoghurt dressing. Turn them into a main meal by serving them with your favourite protein source. I had mine together with the tahini dressing, avocado and poached eggs!
- You could replace the buckwheat flour with rice flour, wholemeal flour, rye flour or a gluten-free blend.
- For extra flavour add thinly sliced onion and crushed garlic.
- I have found you don't always need to add the whole 1/2 cup of flour, possibly depends on the size of your eggs.
Green Pea Fritters
- 2 cups green peas, defrosted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- In a blender or food processor, blend half the peas into a puree and tip into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine. Slowly add the flour and add only enough to make a thick consistency.
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a flat pan on medium heat. Cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Tahini Yoghurt Dressing.
Join Our Community
Join 10k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.