This Gluten-free Pizza Base has got to be a lifesaver! It is easy to make, and the recipe is big enough to serve the whole family...or double it if you have a large family! 😊
I wanted to create this recipe as an alternative to the Homemade Vegetarian Pizza recipe that is already on my blog. The Homemade Vegetarian Pizza is an awesome recipe, but only serves one. One base contains 2 eggs which is great if you are just making it just for yourself, but a bit of a mission if you are making it for a family of 4 (8 eggs!).
- The recipe makes 2 large pizza bases, and they freeze really well too!
- Add the water slowly while mixing until you achieve the desired consistency. The exact amount of water you will need will most likely depend on the size of your eggs.
Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 135ml warm water - add this slowly until you achieve a spreadable consistency
Top the pizza bases with your favourite toppings:
- Tomato paste
- Red onion
- Roast veggies
- Cheese (or use nutritional yeast)
- Pre-heat the oven the fan bake 180 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Add the egg, coconut oil and half the water. Mix with a fork to combine and slowly add more water until it is a spreadable consistency. Keep in mind the coconut flour will absorb some of the liquid after a few minutes.
- Tip the batter on to 2 oven trays lined with baking paper. Spread it into a large circle (or whatever shape you want really!).
- Bake the bases for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Top with your favourite pizza ingredients and bake again in the oven for another 20 minutes or until golden and delicious.
Makes 2 large pizzas
Join Our Community
Join 10k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.