I am super excited to team up with First Fresh NZ to create this yummy Persimmon Layered Mousse recipe to share. If you haven’t tried persimmons yet then you should definitely give them ago, I think you will be pleasantly surprised! They are grown locally here in NZ and such a versatile fruit that can be used in so many different recipes from salads, smoothies, salsa or just munched on its own like you would an apple 😊.
I have always been lucky as a friend of mine has a tree so every winter my fruit bowl is filled with them. I usually peel and slice them, add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and eat as is. This time however, I whipped up this insanely delicious persimmon dessert 😋. Next recipe on my list to try is a Persimmon chutney...how good would that be with a hot winter curry!
Not only is this exotic fruit super tasty but it is packed full of nutrients too:
- They are high in vitamin A which is great for eyesight and it is also an antioxidant which means it helps to neutralize free radicals in the body and reduce inflammation.
- Surprisingly high in potassium and contain almost the same amount as bananas.
- High in vitamin C (almost as much as an orange) which again is a powerful antioxidant and is also needed for the growth and repair of tissues in our body.
Thanks to First Fresh NZ for partnering with us on this post and video. We only partner with brands that we LOVE and are excited to share with our amazing community.
Persimmon Layered Mousse
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 persimmon, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 persimmon, peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- In a high powered blender or food processor, blend together the base ingredients until combined. Press the mixture into 4 glasses or ramekins.
- In the same blender, add all of the mousse ingredients and blend until completely smooth. Pour the mousse over the bases.
- For the topping, in a bowl mix together the persimmon and lime juice and spoon this on top of the mousse.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Join Our Community
Join 9k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.
<script async id="_ck_246276" src="https://forms.convertkit.com/246276?v=7"></script>