If you are anything like me, Saturday mornings look a little different to a normal weekday morning. The idea of not having to rush through your breakfast and run out the door usually means a relaxing cooked breakfast at home, followed by a cup of tea in bed (especially on these cold winter mornings!) 😊.
These Berry Pancakes with Homemade Jam are the perfect weekend breakfast to enjoy with the family....or eat them all yourself of course! I also feel like they would be a winning after school snack for the kids too!
We have teamed up with Countdown to create and share this recipe with you using their frozen mixed berries. The amount of recipes you can make using frozen berries is endless they are such a versatile ingredient to always have stored away in your freezer 🙌.
- Add the jam to a sterilized glass jar and store it in the fridge. Once it is open it will last approx 1 month in the fridge (just keep an eye on it).
- The pancake recipe makes 2 pancakes but can easily be doubled if you want to make more.
Thanks Countdown for partnering with us on this post and video. We only partner with brands that we LOVE and are excited to share with our amazing community.
Berry Pancakes with Homemade Jam
Homemade Mixed Berry Jam:
(makes 1 small jar)
- 2 cups Countdown Frozen Mixed Berries
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp non dairy milk (I used homemade cashew nut milk)
- 1/4 cup Countdown Frozen Mixed Berries
- Coconut or Greek yoghurt to serve
- Crushed walnuts to serve
- To make the berry jam, place the 2 cups of frozen berries into a pot on low to medium heat. Cook until the berries have defrosted and starting to soften.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup and vanilla. Turn the heat down to low and cook for about 20 minutes until the jam has thickened.
- To make the pancakes, mix together all the dry ingredients. Add the egg, vanilla and milk and mix to combine. Fold in the frozen berries. If there are any large frozen strawberries, chop them in half.
- Add half a Tbsp of coconut oil to a pan on medium heat. Add half of the pancake batter and cook for approx 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve these pancakes with coconut or Greek yoghurt, a big spoonful of the homemade jam and crushed walnuts.
Join Our Community
Join 9k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.