For a lot of people who cut out refined and processed foods, the number one food they miss is often bread...it is for me anyways! This bread is refined sugar free, made with all natural ingredients, paleo and doesn't contain any gluten or dairy. It is also high in healthy fats and protein, so one slice of this bad boy will keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer than your average bread.
I have been having it everyday this week for breakfast with my smoothie, I love this bread toasted and smothered with butter 😋
Here are 2 other variations to this bread recipe that are on my website already:
- Healthy Paleo Bread (this was the very first bread I made a few years back now 💕)
- Paleo Breakfast Bread
The tapioca flour helps to give this bread more of a 'bread' texture, so it crisps up on the outside and is soft on the inside. However, if you don't have tapioca flour you could substitute it for extra ground almonds 😊.
Sultana and Walnut Bread
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees fan bake.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour the bread mixture into a baking paper lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the middle is cooked (this depends on the size of your loaf tin).
- To check the middle is cooked, insert a skewer or knife into the loaf and it should come out clean.
- Leave the loaf on a wire rack to cool before slicing.
Join Our Community
Join 9k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.