This Lemon Chicken Stir Fry is a healthy spin on a popular Chinese take-out meal. It's such a simple and easy recipe that is perfect for a weekday family meal or a lazy Friday night dinner . It's much lower in sugar than the traditional recipe (traditionally made with a lot of sugar) and uses honey instead of refined sugar.
Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 small chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour (or use cornflour)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth/stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 Tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tsp honey (or more to taste)
- 1 large broccoli, chopped
- 2 small yellow capsicum or 1 large capsicum, chopped
- Quinoa or brown rice to serve
- In a bowl or snap lock bag mix together the chicken and tapioca flour.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan on medium heat. Cook the garlic and ginger for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked and sauce starts to thicken up.
- Taste and season.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
Join Our Community
Join 9k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.