If you are a mum with young kids, I made this recipe especially for you! I get loads of requests to create a lunch box friendly snack that kids will enjoy and that doesn't contain nuts. While we only really need to worry about peanuts when it comes to allergies, a lot of schools now have a no nuts policy which includes almonds etc. This recipe is dairy-free, refined sugar-free and easy to make.
If you live in NZ and you are on the hunt for cheap (but good quality) nuts and seeds then check out Kilo. They are an online store that sell bulk nuts and seeds cheaper than Pakn'Save....unless Pakn'Save have a special going!
Kilo have been super kind to offer our community a one-off 15% discount 😊 wahoo! If you buy a bulk lot you can store the nuts/seeds in the fridge or freezer to keep them fresher for longer (that’s what I do anyways 😬).
The discount code is CHLOE, it’s for NZ peeps only and valid until end then of May. Here is their website: https://kilo.co.nz
P.s. I am not getting commission for this..I just totally love their service and my recipes always contain nuts and seed 😘
Nut Free Muesli Balls
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup oats
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (add more if needed)
- In a food processor or high powered blender, blend together the dry ingredients until combined. Don't over blend and turn the mixture into a powder, you still want it a little chunky.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- If the mixture is too dry then add additional coconut oil or water until it comes together.
- Take about a tablespoon of mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat with the rest of the muesli mixture.
- Store the balls in the fridge for 4-5 days or the freezer for up to a month.
Makes 8-10 balls
Join Our Community
Join 9k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.