Fruit crumble is such a classic dessert loved by the whole family! This recipe is a healthy spin on the traditional crumble recipe I used to make when I was younger. The only thing I have really changed to 'healthify' it is using ground almonds instead of flour. I also used to use butter instead of coconut oil which you can totally do if you prefer! 😊
This crumble is refined sugar-free and contains nutritious ingredeints making it perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- If you don't like feijoas or you don't live in New Zealand then you can swap the feijoas for literally any other fruit. Pear and blueberries would be delish!
- If you don't eat oats then swap them for extra ground almonds, any other nut/seed ground into a flour or quinoa flakes.
- Serve it with coconut yoghurt, Greek yoghurt, cream, coconut cream, healthy ice cream....or unhealthy ice cream 😋
Feijoa and Apple Crumble
- 2 apples (I used Granny Smith but I think any variety of apple will do the trick)
- 10-12 feijoas
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Scoop out the flesh from the feijoas. Peel and chop the apples into bite-sized pieces. Place the apple and feijoa into a oven-proof dish.
- In a bowl mix together the rolled oats, ground almonds, coconut, cinnamon, walnuts and sea salt. You can add a little coconut sugar if you want it a tad sweeter. I left it out as I don't think it needs it, but when I made this crumble for my parents I added in 2 teaspoons.
- Pour in the coconut oil and mix to combine.
- Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the apple is soft and crumble is golden
Join Our Community
Join 9k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.