Chocolate self-saucing pudding has got to be THE BEST dessert of all time! I used to make this a lot (from the good old Edmonds cookbook) when I was younger for the family on weekends. Since going all gluten-free, refined sugar-free etc about 10 years ago, I sadly haven't made this dessert since! This amazingly delicious dessert is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, paleo and honestly tastes exactly like the real thing.
This pudding is super tasty on it's own, the sauce really does make it. Otherwise you could serve it with coconut or Greek yoghurt, or go all out and make some paleo ice cream to go with it 😋.
P.s. don't be alarmed when you pour the water over the pudding, it may seem like a lot but as the pudding cooks the sauce thickens and turns deeeelicious! When I was testing this recipe, I only used half the amount of water and there wasn't nearly enough sauce for my liking 😊.
Thanks Blue Coconut for partnering with us on this post and video. We only partner with brands that we LOVE and are excited to share with our amazing community 😊.
Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding
- 1 & 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or 100% cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Blue Coconut coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder or 100% cocoa powder
- 1 & 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to fan bake at 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Use a whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix again until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an oven-proof baking dish.
- To make the sauce, mix together the boiling water, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Using a sieve, dust the cacao powder over the batter, then pour the sauce over the batter using the back of a spoon.
- Bake the pudding in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the pudding is cooked through.
Join Our Community
Join 9k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.