With the long Easter weekend upon us, I thought this meal would be the perfect breakfast recipe to share! All it really needs is a slice of paleo bread or breakfast bread and you will have yourself a pretty impressive cafe worthy meal 😀
If you have never tried making poached eggs before, now is the time to start. I have to admit, practice does make perfect, the first few times I made them they turned out pretty messy. Either way, however they end up looking on your plate they will taste taste freakin' amazing! 😋
Breakfast Hash with Poached Eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 a red capsicum
- 1 large mushroom
- 1/4 eggplant
- 1 tomato
- 1 handful of kale
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika (I forgot this in the video!!)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- Wash and finely chop all the vegetables. Heat the coconut oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients together with the tamari sauce, garlic powder and paprika. Season to taste and set aside once cooked.
- Bring to a gentle simmer the water and apple cider vinegar. It is important to not let the water boil as this will ruin your perfect poached eggs.
- Crack both eggs into a bowl. Stir the water in the pot and carefully place the eggs into the middle of the whirlpool you have created.
- Leave your eggs to cook for around 4 minutes. Using a wooden spoon gently press the egg yolk to check if it has cooked to your liking. If it feels too soft leave it in for longer.
- Serve the poached eggs with the hash and avocado.