There is something about cookies that is just so fun! Fun to plan, fun to make and of course fun to eat too 😁
You may recognise this recipe a little if you have made the chocolate chip cookies from my website before. I used the same recipe but obvs added cacao powder. I was also researching what ingredients make a good cookie (haha) and read that adding an egg makes them soft and chewy, so I added an egg! I think they actually turned out better and did not go flat like choc chip cookies.
These cookies are not overly sweet, which is how I like them. If you are new to healthy treats, then you may find these cookies slightly bitter. In that case just add an extra Tbsp of maple syrup to the mixture.
If you are not a big chocolate fan (yep it's hard to believe, but there are people out there who don't droll over chocolate haha), then swap the chocolate for raisins. The raisins actually make them deliciously chewy and sweet 😊.
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup 100% cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 & 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup (or your prefered sweetener, hney etc.)
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine and smash out any lumps.
- Add all the wet ingredients and carefully mix to combine.
- If the mixture is to wet then add a couple of extra tablespoons of ground almonds. If it is too dry then add a couple of Tbsp of milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the mixture onto a lined baking tray, push each cookie down with a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are starting to firm up. Turn the oven off, leave the door ajar and keep the cookies in there for another 20 minutes or to cool down. I have found this helps the cookies to crisp up nicely.
Made 8 medium sized cookies
Join Our Community
Join 8k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.