Cauliflower and cheese sauce was always a winner for me and my family while growing up. However, traditional cheese sauce isn't really something you should be eating too often, especially if you follow a dairy-free diet.
I kid you not, the cheese sauce recipe below actually tastes like real cheese sauce! I made this recipe for dad and even he thought there was cheese in the sauce...tricked ya dad! 😁
You could literally add this sauce to any sort of vegetable, not just cauliflower! I have some left over in my fridge which I think I will pour over steamed broccoli for dinner tonight. It might be a good way to get kids to eat their veggies too 😊.
Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts (soaked in water overnight or boiling water for 4 hours)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp ground almonds (for the top)
- Boil or steam the cauliflower for 6-8 minutes or until soft.
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor except for the ground almonds. Once the cauliflower is cooked, weigh out approx 250g and add this to the blender as well.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place the rest of the cauliflower into an oven-proof dish and pour the cheese sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with the ground almonds and grill for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy this as a side dish with your favourite protein source and green veggies.
Serves 4 (depeding on the size of your cauliflower)
Join our Community
Join 8k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.