If a cafe has sweet potato rosti on their breakfast menu, I am immediately drawn to this meal. Sweet potato rosti, poached eggs, wilted spinach, avocado and a tasty sauce would be my dream breakfast.....which I might attempt to make this weekend! 😋
I served the rosti with coconut yoghurt and fresh oregano which tasted amazing! When I make these next, I will definitely add a handful of chopped fresh oregano to the mix before cooking them. If you are reading this I recommend you dd too 😉
I think the perfect sauce to compliment this recipe would be this tahini yoghurt dressing.
Sweet Potato Rosti
- 2 x medium sweet potato (kumara)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour (you could probably use any other flour e.g. rice, rye, buckwheat, wholewheat etc)
- Coconut oil for cooking.
- Grate the sweet potato and mix with the salt. Leave for 10 minutes, this will draw the water out.
- Using a muslin cloth or thin tea towel squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Mix the sweet potato with the rest of the ingredients.
- Use a large pan on medium heat with coconut oil. Cook each sweet potato rosti for about 4 minutes each side until cooked and golden. Flip carefully as they fall apart easily.
- Serve with coconut/Greek yoghurt or go all out and serve with poached eggs, wilted spinach and avocado!
Join our Community
Join 8k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.