Last week I lived on fresh pineapple as was lucky enough to be sent a box of them from Dole NZ 😍. I ate so much pineapple that my tongue and lips hurt!
Fun fact, there is an enzyme in pineapple called bromelian which is responsible for breaking down protein. Have you ever been to one of those all you can eat Brazilian restaurants where they bring around cinnamon grilled pineapple (tastes amazing btw)? Well it is supposedly to help you digest all the meat you have just eaten. This same enzyme is also responsible for that funny feeling you get on your tongue and lips when you eat too much pineapple in one go....which is what happened to me last week!
If you love ice cream and you love pineapple lumps then you will love the recipe below! These choc pineapple ice creams are perfect for a tasty treat on the weekend or make them for your kids as healthy snack that they will never suspect is healthy 😊.
P.s. I bought the ice block molds and wooden sticks from a $2 shop 👍.
Choc Pineapple Ice Creams
- 1 whole Dole pineapple (skin sliced off and chopped)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- First make your ice cream by blending together the pineapple and coconut milk.
- Pour this into ice block molds and place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To make the chocolate mix the coconut oil, almond butter, cacao powder, vanilla, salt and maple syrup together in a bowl until combined.
- Dip each ice cream in the chocolate mixture giving it a generous coat.
- Serve them as soon as the chocolate has set. Otherwise freeze them until required and let defrost for 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- If you are left over with any extra chocolate, you can freeze it in a a piece of baking paper for a yummy chocolate treat!
Makes approx 8 ice creams
Join our Community
Join 8k incredible ladies in our private Facebook Group and receive your copy of our FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience eBook. By signing up, you'll also receive a weekly e-mail with new delicious recipes and healthy tips.