Summer always gets me into a real salad buzz! It must be the temperature and all the fresh in-season veggies at this time of year. I was inspired to make this quinoa and eggplant salad after having a yummy salad I had at a cafe while on holiday...and also Pak n Save had 2 eggplants for $2 last week yayyy!
This salad is perfect for a summer BBQ shared with family and friends or make it during the week for an easy, tasty dinner. You could have it on it's own (like I did) or team it with roast chicken for a more filling meal.
Miso Eggplant & Quinoa Salad
- 1 eggplant
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup raw)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 & 1/2 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- Wash and slice the eggplant into bite-sized pieces. Place on an oven tray and mix with the oil and salt. Roast at 180 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until eggplant is cooked.
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients together.
- In a serving bowl place the spinach, chickpeas, quinoa, roasted eggplant, cherry tomatoes and sesame seeds.
- Pour over the dressing and mix through.
Serves 2 meals or 4 side-dishes