I am going to have to give credit to Jamie Oliver for inspiring me to make these black bean enchiladas. While his may look and taste SO much better than mine, I have managed to simplify the recipe and turn it into a quick and easy weekday dinner.
I have always loved enchiladas and I gotta admit, I used to buy the frozen ones that you re-heat in the oven - this was way before I knew any better!
TIP - check the wraps that you buy and make sure they contain no nasty ingredients. A lot of wraps in the supermarket contain vegetable oils, sugar and loads of other food chemicals that just don't need to be in there. See below for the brand that I used, I bought them from my local health shop and some supermarkets also stock them :)
Black Bean Enchiladas
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of chili powder
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 heaped cup of finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 handful of coriander, chopped
- Juice of a lime
- ½ tsp of Himalayan salt
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 4 large wraps - I used this brand
- 80g feta cheese or grated cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat and cook the onion until soft. Add the garlic, spices, capsicum, cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add the black beans, coriander, lime juice, salt and 1/4 cup of the tinned tomatoes. Stir to heat through. Season to taste with pepper and extra salt if needed.
- Using 4 large wraps or 8 small wraps, roll up the black bean mixture and place each wrap in an oven-proof dish.
- Cover with remaining tinned tomatoes, coriander and feta cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with avocado and tahini yoghurt dressing as an option.
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.