Hands up who agree with me that breakfast is by far the best meal of the day!? I actually think that the thought of eating my breakfasts makes me train faster and more intense in the morning 😁
A delicious homemade muesli with Greek yoghurt has got to be one of my fave breakfast meals, and what better way to jazz up my usual muesli than with a hint of chocolate! The combination of crunchy nuts, cacao and goji berries is a winning combination.
We teamed up with Macro from Countdown to create this scrumptious breakfast recipe. I personally have always loved using the Macro range, it is great to know they don't add any nasty ingredients to their food products. As a bonus, a huge range of Macro products including the ones I used in this recipe have their prices locked down for the long term.
Thanks Macro for partnering with us on this post and video. We only partner with brands that we LOVE and are excited to share with our amazing community.
Cacao & Goji Berry Muesli
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp of honey or rice malt syrup (optional)
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder or 100% cocoa powder
- 2 cups of Macro mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, pecans)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup of oats (or use puffed buckwheat or quinoa flakes for gluten-free)
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 Tbsp Macro chia seeds
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ cup Macro goji berries
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- In a large bowl mash the banana, add the water, coconut oil, honey and cacao powder and whisk.
- Add the rest of themuesli ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the muesli evenly and thinly onto a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until it is starting to crisp up and dry out. Be careful not to burn it and stir the muesli every 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the oven off, leave the muesli in the oven with the door ajar to cool. This will further help the muesli to crisp.
- Once the muesli has cooled completely, stir through the goji berries and store it in an air tight container for 5-7 days. Serve 1/2 a cup of muesli with Greek yoghurt or sprinkle it on top of a smoothie for a tasty and nutritious breakfast.
Makes approx 10-12 serves
If you make this cacao and goji muesli then please tag me on Instagram as I LOVE seeing your creations 😊💛
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.