Peanut butter and chocolate......can you think of a better combination than that!? These healthy peanut butter cups are a great treat to satisfy those chocolate cravings and perfect for the kids as a healthy chocolate alternative.
I am a big fan of peanut butter as it is a nutritious healthy fat to add to your diet and also insanely delicious! However most of the store-bought peanut butter varieties contain loads of nasty ingredients that just don't need to be in there.
I am super excited to be teaming up with Pams Finest and their amazing peanut butter range to create this recipe. Their tasty butters have no added vegetable oils, no added chemicals, no added sugars just peanuts and a dash of salt. I love that they are affordable and better yet I can buy their whole range just down the road at Pak'nSave :)
This recipe made 12 medium sized peanut butter cups (because I didn't want to leave any cases empty...#cookingocd), which was quite a lot! If you wanted to make a smaller batch then it would be perfectly fine to half the recipe.
Thanks Pams Finest for partnering with us on this post and video. We only partner with brands that we LOVE and are excited to share with our amazing community.
Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup Pams Finest peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or 100% cocoa)
- 1 tsp Pams Finest vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp honey (or pure maple syrup/ rice malt syrup)
- 12 tsp of Pams Finest peanut butter(smooth or crunchy)
- In a large bowl place the 1/2 cup of peanut butter, coconut oil, cacao powder, vanilla, sea salt and honey and mix well.
- Place 1 Tbsp of the coconut mixture into prepared mini muffin trays and leave in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon sized amount of peanut butter on top of each then pour over another tablespoon of the chocolate.
- Place back in the freezer to set for another 20 minutes.
- Store the peanut butter cups in the fridge.
Makes 12 medium sized peanut butter cups