This recipe is the breakfast recipe from week 11 of the 12-Week Mind & Body Transformation e-book, however they really are perfect to have for any meal of the day. If you haven't already downloaded the free experience where you can check out week 1 of the guide then click here to download it.
I absolutely love baked eggs and if you have never tried them then I definitely recommend you give these a go! One thing my client told me she does, is makes the tomato mixture the night before, pours it into the ramakins and leaves them in the fridge overnight. In the morning, she cracks two eggs into one ramekin and places them in the oven while she gets ready. Such a great idea!
In the recipe I added 1 egg per ramekin but if your ramekins are larger then you can ceratinly add in 2 eggs for a more filling meal.
Tomato Baked Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 a small red onion, finely chopped
- 6 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- Pinch of chili
- 1 can of tinned tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/2 a tsp himalayan salt
- Extra salt and pepper to season
- Fresh parley, basil or coriander to serve (optional)
- Pre-bake the oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the capsicum, mushrooms and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the paprika, chili, mixed herbs, tinned tomatoes and spinach. Cook until the spinach has wilted. Season with 1/2 a tsp of salt.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 large ramekin dishes and crack an egg into both. Sprinkle with extra salt and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the eggs have been cooked to your liking.
- Season with pepper and fresh herbs.
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.