These healthy carrot cake muffins are loaded full of nourishing ingredients, and they also contain very little oil and sugar (honey). Carrot cake has got to be one of my fave cakes to make and I know a lot of you will agree with me. To make them even more delicious...cut them in half and add a tablespoon of Greek or coconut yoghurt SO yummmm!!
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup/rice malt syrup/coconut nectar)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I forgot this in the video!!)
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 medium sized carrots)
- 1 & 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sultanas
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl mash and banana, add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the grated carrot and the rest of the dry ingredients and fold everything together.
- Pour the muffin mixture into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until the muffins are cooked.
- To check they are cooked through, insert a knife into the muffin, the knife should come out clean. If there is still raw mixture on the knife then put the muffins back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Makes 8 medium sized muffins
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.