If you watched my video on my 5 favourite carbohydrates, then you will know of my love for sweet potato (or kumara). Roasting them into chips is definitely my fave way of eating them, and what better way of serving them than with homemade guacamole! Yumm 😋 Serve this on your next platter with friends or make it for dinner with a salad and roast chicken 😁
The sweet potato doesn't completely crisp up like normal chips do, as this is because they are oven roasted and not fried.
P.s. a little sweet chili sauce is delicious added to guacamole! While it is not the healthiest of sauces as there is often sugar added, if you are making this for a special occasion then add a teaspoon if you would like.
Sweet Potato Chips with Guacamole
Sweet Potato Ingredients:
- 1 large sweet potato (or NZ known as kumara)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp paprika (or use cinnamon!)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 of a small red onion - add enough onion to your liking (I may have added a bit too much in the video!)
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt and pepper to season
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- Juice of half a lemon (or lime)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 x tomato
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Wash and slice the sweet potato into thin chips and place them on the oven tray.
- Sprinkle over the salt, mixed herbs, spices and coconut oil. Place the tray in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and starting to brown. 10 minutes into the baking, stir the chips to ensure they cook evening.
- To make the guacamole, mash the avocado flesh with a fork and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and season to taste.
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.