Bircher muesli is such a great breakfast if you literally have no time in the morning to prepare a meal and sit down to eat it. For many people mornings are spent running around getting the kids fed, making lunches and ready for school. Or maybe you just value that extra 30 minutes in the morning for a sleep in :)
Either way this breakfast can be prepared the night before work so in the morning it is all ready to eat!
Zest Lemon and Berry Bircher
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla all-natural protein powder (I use Nuzest)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used a mixture of almond and coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of half a small lemon
- Zest of half a small lemon (about 1 Tbsp)
- 3/4 cup of frozen mixed berries
- In a glass jar or container, place the oats, chia seeds, protein powder (if using) and cinnamon then mix.
- Next add the milk, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest and frozen berries then mix again.
- Seal the jar or container and place in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with your choice of toppings such as walnuts and Greek yoghurt.
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.