This salad has been my go-to dinner over the last month, I am hooked! I seem to go through phases where I make a meal that I love so then I make it on repeat for about a month haha does anyone else do this!?
Think of this salad not so much as a recipe to follow but more of a cooking technique to learn. For the roast veggies use whatever are your fave, what's in the fridge, in season or on special at the shops.
You can mix the veggies through mesclun (like I have), rocket, baby spinach an even add a whole grain such as quinoa. The options are endless!! :D
Easy Roast Vegetable Salad
350g of vegetables of your choice - I used 1/2 a sweet potato, 1 carrot, 1/2 a capsicum, 4 brussel sprouts and 1/4 of a broccoli.
1/4 tsp himalayan or rock salt
1 tsp curry powder
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 large handful of mesclun lettuce
2 heaped Tbsp chopped walnuts
20g feta cheese
1 Tbsp tahini
1 Tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil, hemp seed oil or macadamia nut oil)
Juice of half a lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees. Chop the vegetables into bite sized pieces and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle over 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of curry powder, 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and mix together.
- Place the vegetables in the oven and roast for approximately 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the mesclun, walnuts, feta cheese and dressing. Mix well.
- Let the vegetables cool for at least 10 minutes then mix through the salad.
- Enjoy on it's own or add your favourite source of protein. I had it for dinner with roast chicken last night and it was deeelicious!