Let me start by saying, I hate green tea. I used to reluctantly drink it (more like skull it and block my nose) for the amazing health benefits. Then I discovered Matcha! Matcha is a variety of green tea that has been stone ground into a powder, it tastes nothing like the bitter green tea that you brew from leaves, but it is surprisingly SO delicious...especially when you blend it into a yummy latte!
Not only do I love the taste of this dreamy, creamy Matcha latte I also pleasantly sip away at it knowing that.......
- It is loaded with antioxidants that will enhance my immune system, energy levels, skin, metabolism and just the overall functioning of my body.
- One cup of Matcha is reported to have the nutritional value of up to 10 cups of regular green tea and over 100 x the antioxidants waahoooo!
- It also contains only approximately 1/3 the caffeine of coffee. Great for me as I don't have a lot of caffeine in my diet and perfect if you are hooked on coffee and would like to cut back.
Something else that you should know, is that not all Matcha powder is the same. The quality of your Matcha is super important and will ultimately turn your latte from a dull, biter drink into a bright green, nutrient filled elixir. I had a matcha latte at a cafe recently and it tasted of nothing....I was a little sad!
I have recently started using Matcha Matcha and I will continue buying this brand from now on. You always know it is high quality Matcha when the powder is a beautiful bright green colour.
Thanks Matcha Matcha for partnering with us on this post and video. We only partner with brands that we LOVE and are excited to share with our amazing community
Easy Matcha Latte
- 250ml of boiling water (should be around 80 degrees celcius)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Matcha Matcha Premium Latte Grade or Ceremonial Grade Matcha
- 1/2 a teaspoon of maple syrup (or other natural sweetener such as coconut nectar, rice malt syrup or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut butter or other nut butter (I love using Vigour Vitality as they are stone ground so are completely smooth and won't leave bits of coconut in your drink...their macadamia nut butter tastes amazing too!)
1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend for 20 seconds until well combined.
2. Pour into a mug and enjoy! I like to warm my mug first with the boiling water before adding it into the blender :D