Roasted Garlic, Pumpkin & Carrot Hummus
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 small pumpkin or half a butternut (400g)
- 4 cloves of garlic, whole and unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of chickpeas, soaked and boiled (or 1 tin)
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (optional- if you don't have it then no biggie)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
- Cut the pumpkin and carrot into cubes and place on a baking tray with the unpeeled garlic cloves. Add the coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Cooked for 30 minutes or until tender and smelling delicious.
- If your chickpeas are dried (like mine) soak over night then boil until soft.
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add more water as needed.
- Serve with seed crackers, homemade wraps, or just eat straight off a spoon!