I love a good curry! While many traditional curry recipes are loaded with cream, butter, vegetable oils and very minimal veggies, a few simple swaps can turn it into a meal that is healthy enough to eat every night.
This easy curry recipe is super simple to make and very versatile as you can add what ever veggies you have in your fridge, what is in season or the ones you love. Use the spices and coconut milk as a base then go wild with your ingredients!
Easy Chicken Curry
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm sized fresh ginger, grated
- 2 small chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 cup of cooked quinoa or brown rice per person to serve (1/2 a cup each)
- Heat coconut in a pot on medium heat and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the ginger, garlic and spices, stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook for another minute, followed by the coconut milk. Bring to the boil.
- Add the broccoli and peas, place the lid on and leave to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked.
- Serve with quinoa or brown rice.