Healthy chocolate brownie....do I need to say more!? This chocolate brownie is packed full of nutrients, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free and tastes amazing!
It is perfect for that afternoon pick me up, serve hot for a family dessert or pop a piece into the kid's school lunch boxes for a tasty morning tea surprise.
We have teamed up with Pams Superfoods to create this SUPER delicious, healthy chocolate brownie. Pams Superfoods range offers nutrient-packed foods to boost the nutrition in your diet at a budget-friendly price. You can find their products at Pak n Save, New World and Four Square or check out the full range on their website by clicking here.
Thanks Pams Superfoods for partnering with us on this post and video. We only partner with brands that we LOVE and are excited to share with our amazing community.
Healthy Chocolate Brownie
- 1/4 cup Pams Superfoods coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Pams Superfoods LSA (or you can use ground almonds)
- 3/4 cup of Pams Superfoods cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup of honey (or sweetener of your choice i.e. rice malt syrup, maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 30g of dark chocolate (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the coconut flour, LSA, cacao powder, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. Whisk well to remove any lumps.
- In a separate bowl mash the ripe banana with a fork. Add the eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla then whisk well to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix carefully using a spatula.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the lined baking tin, cover with grated dark chocolate.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- To check the brownie is cooked, take a knife and insert it into the middle of the brownie. The knife will come out clean when it is cooked through.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before slicing into 16 pieces.
Makes 16 pieces