I love this flat bread recipe as it is super easy to make and doesn't take long to cook. The perfect option for when those bread cravings hit and you don't have the time or patience to wait for a paleo bread loaf to cook!
It is perfect for lunch as you can cook it the day before and have it cold the next day at work. I often cook 2-3 flat breads at once to last me through the week.
If you spread it out thin enough in the pan it also works well as a wrap too!
Paleo Flat Bread
2 tablespoons of ground almonds
2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds
½ tablespoon whole flaxseeds
½ tablespoon of whole sesame seeds
½ teaspoon melted coconut oil
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1/4 cup of water
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Heat 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Pour in the mixture and spread it out. Cook for 2-3 minutes on until the edges are cooked and the middle is starting to firm up.
- Carefully flip and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Place on a plate and top with your favourite salad ingredients. I used pumpkin hummus, tomato, lettuce and feta cheese.