This peanut butter and banana ice cream actually tastes like ice cream! You wouldn't believe me until you try it, so try it :D
There are 2 tricks to this recipe. Firstly, make sure your banana is frozen. I usually keep frozen banana in my freezer all the time as I add it to my smoothies. Secondly, you need to have a high powdered blender or food processor.
Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Cream
- 2 bananas
- 1 heaped tablespoon of peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Peal the banana and slice into thin pieces, place in the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Place the banana pieces into a high speed blender or food processor. Blend for 1 minute or until the banana resembles crumbs.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- You may need to stop your blender and scrape the banana down the sides and back into the middle. You may need to add a tablespoon of water at this point to help you blender out a bit.
- Eat the ice cream straight away or leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes if you prefer it a little more frozen.