If you are anything like me, my Saturday mornings look a little different to my usual weekday morning. I love to enjoy a relaxing breakfast sitting outside in the sun or even tucked up in bed on a winters morning!
These pancakes are the perfect Saturday morning breakfast to sit down, share and enjoy with a cup of tea. They are also great for kids and a great alternative to the traditional pancakes made with white sugar and flour.
If you enjoy your pancakes a little sweeter, you could add 1/2 a teaspoon of honey to the raw mixture before cooking them. Otherwise top with fresh fruit for a delicious burst of sweetness.
Coconut and Almond Pancakes
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/8th of a cup of almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- Mix all ingredients together with a whisk well.
- If the mixture seems too runny then add an extra 1-2 teaspoons of almond flour. If the mixture seems too thick then add an extra 1-2 teaspoons of almond milk.
- Leave the mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan and pour in the batter. Cook for approximately 2 minutes on low then carefully flip.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt and berries or almond butter.