I think we can all agree when you start focusing on your nutrition and eat healthier foods, pizza is a meal that we unfortunately need to limit or cut out completely. My partner likes to order pizza quite regularly, and while I would love to join him I reluctantly say no. I have now figured out a way to solve this problem, make our own healthy pizzas!
The bases are high in protein and literally take 5 minutes to make (minus the cooking time). When choosing the toppings for your pizza, always aim for as many veggies as possible!
Healthy Homemade Pizza
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp of water
- ½ a teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon o mixed herbs
- ¼ of a teaspoon of salt
- ¼ of a cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- ½ a small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 large mushrooms, finely sliced
- ¼ cup of olives, sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach, finely chopped
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the crust, mix all ingredients together and whisk well with a fork until combined. Leave it for a couple of minutes for the coconut flour to absorb the liquid.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Transfer half the mixture onto one side of the tray, spread to an 8-inch circle. Repeat to make 2 bases.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Spread the tomato paste onto both pizza bases.
- Add the rest of the toppings and place back into the oven for a further 10 minutes.