Rocky road is an all time favourite afternoon tea treat! Traditional recipes are made with butter, chocolate, sugary marshmallows, biscuits and golden syrup. One slice will leave you feeling sick and sluggish!
Good news! We can now enjoy this delicacy with a new an improved recipe that tastes incredible and won’t give us those nasty after affects. Best of all it takes about 10 minutes to whip up!
For the base of this rocky road slice I used my recipe for Fruit and Nut Dark Chocolate and then mixed in the rest of the ingredients. The star of this slice is definitely the popcorn. Make it yourself on the stove top with organic popcorn for a much healthier option. The great thing about this slice is that you really can add any of your favourite ingredients. I have also used cashew nut butter, and any nut butter would work. If you are using peanut butter, make sure it contains no sugar or vegetable oils.
Dark Chocolate Rocky Road Slice
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup nut butter (e.g. peanut, almond, cashew butter)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder (or 100% cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or other sweetener such as rms, maple syrup or coconut nectar)
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 2 cups of popcorn
- ½ cup roasted mixed nuts (I used cashews, walnuts and almonds)
- Mix together the coconut oil, nut butter, cacao powder, honey, salt and vanilla.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine together.
- Pour the mixture into a lined tin or container. Place in the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes. Once the slice is firm cut it into squares.
- Store the slice in an air tight container in the freezer.
Makes 16 pieces
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.